Find Your Cruise
We went on p@o Aurora last may .FORMAL NIGHTS I WORE JACKET AND TIE AS I DONT DO DICKY BOWS WIFE JUST TOOK LONG "posh frock". we didnt feel out of place and thoroughly enjoyed mealtimes. Suggest you book table for eight so you mix in. We noticed many couples sitting together who hardly spoke to anyone. We pallad up with our table mates and had a great time. Drinks were just under U.K.prices we thought reasonable as table service was included at all times. RELAX AND ENJOY.
We had a great cruise on Arcadia in July. 13 nights. 4 were formal dinner jacket, 3 were suits and 6 were smart casual. I suppose it depends what you mean by 'stuffy' but I would estimate that 80% wore Dinner Jackets and the other 20% had suits on formal nights and everyone had certainly jacket and tie for informal night. Atmosphere was great but certainly not stuffy or old school. Just lots of poeople who liked to look smart with their ladies. Age profile was very much 60+ and of course no children.
It is certainly a ship where standards are maintained.
For a cruise ship or luxury hotel, drinks were very reasonable. A lot lot cheaper than Celebrity Cruises. Typical bottle of wine at dinner £12 - £15 and a load of choice. Drinks at bars and entertainment were about the same as a 4 star hotel.
Have a great time. It is a lovely ship and the crew are fantastic.
By the way, the Eavesway coach service is marvellous. From Preston Bus station to inside the cabin, we never touched the luggage and it arrived in the cabin about 5 minutes after us. Same on return. Great value
Alex Green from Chorle.